Friday, May 30, 2008

Favorite song

This is my new favorite song
by Jack Johnson


Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call Wanted to sail upon your waters since I was three feet tall You've seen it all, you've seen it all Watched the men who rode you switch from sails to steam In your belly you hold the treasures few have ever seen Most of 'em dreams, most of 'em dreams Yes I am a pirate, a few two hundred years too late The cannons don't thunder, there's nothin' to plunder I'm an over-forty victim of fate Arrivin' too late, arrivin' too late I've done a bit of smugglin', I've run my share of grass I made enough money to buy Miami, but I pissed it away so fast Never meant to last, never meant to last And I have been drunk now for over two weeks I passed out and I rallied and I sprung a few leaks But I got stop wishin', I've got to go fishin' Down to rock bottom againJust a few friends, just a few friendsJust a few friends, just a few friends[Instrumental]I go for younger women, lived with several awhileThough I ran 'em away, they'd come back one dayStill could manage a smileSure takes a while, just takes a whileMother, mother ocean, after all my years I've foundOccupational hazard being my occupations just not aroundI feel like I've drowned, but I'm not gonna frownI feel like I've drowned, gonna head into town

2 comments:

Kerrilyn said...

Emily....you are very STRANGE!!!!! I think that is why I love you so much!!!

Noreen & Allen said...

The other night when we were over there I heard you playing and singing this song. I have to tell ya Em, your sounding good!

Love ya,
Noreen